Thursday, August 20, 2009

My top ten feel better movies

Previously I’ve posted about how watching funny movies is a quick way to feel better. Here is a list of my top ten funny movies (as requested by Kirsten). They are not in any order of preference. These are the ones I come back and watch time and time again. They always make me laugh, not only at the time but for days afterwards.

1. Zoolander
2. Music and Lyrics
3. Death at a Funeral
4. Galaxy Quest
5. Caddyshack
6. A Fish Called Wanda
7. Flight of the Conchords (series 1)
8. Blades of Glory
9. Johnny English
10. Best in Show

5 comments:

  1. Cool! Thanks, Kaye.

    I was wondering if you could talk in one post about the 'fake it til you make it' attitude/philosophy and your thoughts on this re turning depression into happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing. I have a note in my list of potential blog topics about doing something on when to accept feelings and when to try to change - it might fit in with that. Or I could do something entirely dedicated to that. Coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good list, Kaye. I'll have to check out Blades of Glory as I still haven't seen that. The 'fake it 'til you make it' philosophy is one I live by. Smiling when you don't feel like it really works - the smiles eventually become real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blades of Glory rocks! Mind you it has a lot of slapstick in it so you may not like it so much. But lots of great lines. As for fake it til you make it I think it's a great strategy as long as there is also space in your life to be who you are and feel accepted and loved whatever your state of mind with some people at some times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I brought up the 'fake it til you make it' idea because it's one I'm unsure of. Putting constant energy into covering up your feelings by pretending to be happy is something that I feel could be dangerous. But I guess like everything - if you do it with balance, in moderation, then it's okay. There are times when re-framing your situation and putting on a happy face are beneficial, but other times we need to be where we are and feel the sadness, or whatever, to work through it. Like the grief process for instance. I agree with what you said, Kaye. Look forward to you doing a post on this!

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment