Monday, August 24, 2009

Good things for the last week

  • Making a yummy dinner of pasta with pesto and roast veges for myself and a friend I was staying with and eating it while laughing our heads off at ‘The Big Fat Quiz of the Year’ on youtube featuring Noel Fielding and Russell Brand

  • Being able to have every room in the house open and all the animals wandering where they wanted without any fear that the dog will bother the cats

  • Discovering a local speciality – hot chips with mayo and grated cheese on top – and loving it (a bit too much!)
  • Enjoyable phone calls with my close friend from Ireland and close friend from my home town
  • A wonderful romp with the dog at a lovely reserve beside a broad still stretch of the Waikato River, under huge trees shining in the late afternoon sun, with the silence broken only by geese flying overhead and a couple of motorboats
  • Seeing my naturopath face to face for the first time in ages and having a really good chat

2 comments:

  1. The Big Fat Quiz of the Year IS extremely funny. It feels wonderful to laugh until you cry. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other years are just as good although I haven't watched 2008 yet. It's a shame it's only on once a year, I could watch it far more often. But then there's season 2 of Flight of the Conchords to make up for that! Only 6.5 episodes to view before I have to take it back at 5pm today!

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment