Monday, August 17, 2009

Good things for the last week


  • Watching a middle aged couple who were obviously in love say good bye to each other at the end of their lunch hour outside the office block one of them worked at. The looks, the kiss, each of them looking back at the other as they walked away. So sweet! It brought a smile to my face


  • The gorgeous refreshing coolness of late night air on my skin when I stepped outside after my bath


  • Stroking my friend’s big black cat and hearing his rumbly purr

  • Watching an old dog on the beach limping along, enjoying sniffing at every post he came to and having a wonderful time


  • Sitting by the beach late at night listening to the sound of waves, so soothing and peaceful and something I miss so much now that I live so far inland


  • The sound of planes taking off and landing, which reminds me of so many happy times

  • Playing charades and dictionary with friends and giggling helplessly as I completely failed to fool anyone with my clues


  • Revelling in the pleasure of writing, in my head and on paper and the computer, the joy of putting words together to create images and convey information, the satisfaction of making something I feel pleased with.

4 comments:

  1. Watching a couple that are truly in love is a beautiful thing, and instantly recognizable.

    Looks like lots of good things in your week just been. Wishing you many more for the week ahead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was really lovely. A bit like being round you and Cameron only with less giggling! I hope you and everyone who reads this blog has a week full of good things.

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment