Thursday, July 9, 2009

Things I'm looking forward to

There have been times in my life when I’ve felt that there was nothing to look forward to, that the future held only suffering and disaster. I’ve always been proved wrong. Now I know that the future always holds good things, however bleak my view of it may be. I reinforce this knowledge by keeping a list of things I’m looking forward to. I add to it every few days. Hope, I’ve found, is the antidote to despair. Here is my list for today.

  • Making the recipe I found for savoury pinwheel scones – yum!
  • Finding pictures for my posts – yay!
  • Seeing Barney barndog when he comes home from his OM (original mother’s) place and seeing how excited he is to be home and see me (of course)
  • Talking to my niece on the phone
  • A nap today
  • Sitting in the sun
  • My feet warming up
  • Making some more of the delicious Macau soup with potato, garlic, chorizo sausage and winter greens
  • Getting the gate fixed so it’s easy to open and close
  • Going for a drive with a friend and the dog this weekend to a nature reserve I’ve wanted to visit for ages if I feel well enough
  • Bubble bath tonight
  • Sinking into sleep

3 comments:

  1. You have a lot to look forward to. I'm looking forward to going to Melbourne for work next week, going to a show whilst there, seeing the parents when I hand over the cat for them to look after while I'm away, sleeping in on Saturday, and doing some knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about posting some of these yummy recipes on your blog? Baking and good food come under happiness for me! The scones sound great, and you have also mentioned a soup, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiki you have much more exciting things to look forward to than me! It's not fair! Your good things are better than mine.

    Seriously, I hadn't thought of publishing recipes but I'm happy to. I haven't tried the scones yet but the soup is great. I've got some more chorizos in the fridge ready to make another pot.

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment