Monday, July 6, 2009

Good things for the last week

  • I really enjoyed watching the film ‘For the Bible Tells us So” about the (bogus) Biblical basis for homophobia and the effect it has had on five families
  • It was nice to see my buddies from the Hamilton Pride committee there
  • my interview on the Bisexuals Group that I’m setting up finally recorded for Flat Out Queer radio after one failed attempt, and it was fun doing it
  • delicious savoury pinwheel scones from the Tokoroa New World bakery – so huge and full of cream cheese, ham, and other good things
  • One of my best friends rang from Wellington and we had a great chat
  • Barney went to play with the older Staffy cross next door and they both had a wonderful time romping in the back yard
  • Lovely drive past green fields bathed in afternoon sun, trees casting long shadows, some still covered with orange and rust coloured leaves
  • Road works meant I could drive slowly past a thin waterfall that starts as a stream running across a paddock then falls over a rock slip into a gully surrounded by leafless poplars – if I was going normal speed I would have missed it
  • I finally finished my GST return!
  • I made good inroads on my backlog of emails

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kaye, just listened to your interview via the podcast. You came across really well. I enjoyed your honesty, and agree with so much of what you said about bisexuality. I'd definitely be keen to come over to the group sometime, meet new people, and support you. Keep me up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks Kirsten - we weren't sure if it podcasts of the show were still going to gaynz so that's good to know. I'd love to see you at our inaugual meeting Sat 12 at 2pm (I'll even tell you where it is!) And thanks for the positive comments about the interview. I love the sound of my own voice but it's hard to know how it comes across to others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the podcast off Flat Out Pride radio website not GayNZ.com. Here is the link (hope it works! probably have to copy and paste into browser)

    http://www.communityradio.co.nz/results_special.asp

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment