Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Good things for the last week

A bit later than usual this week - I had a vague day yesterday and forgot to do the blog!

  • lovely afternoon at a local reserve paddling in the river with a neighbour's kids, paddling in the river under the hot sun, playing ball with the dog
  • that wonderful moment of putting my head down on the pillow and drifting off to sleep
  • making a new cookie recipe that's really yummy
  • grooming the neighbour's dog with my zoom groom (unlike my dog, she actually likes it!)
  • nice talk with my friend from the UK
  • yummy egg salad roll for lunch
  • watched Burn after Reading with George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Frances McDormand again and liked it just as much as the first time
  • talking with mates from Hamilton Pride about games we can play at the picnic this weekend, including 3 legged races and egg and spoon races
  • I got another section of fence up to stop the dog escaping
  • another week of feeling happy every day.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had some wonderful moments. Well done for doing more work on the fence. That darn fence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the egg and spoon races. I had my family doing a gumboot throwing competition on the beach the Christmas before last. It was a great laugh :-) I even presented the winner with a certificate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it was a good week. It's great to have that part of the fence done, and Barney has only jumped over it once since we completed it. There is more to do but that can wait!

    Yes I love egg and spoon races. I'm going to do a lolly scramble too and a gumboot throwing thing if we can find enough boots. I need to buy prizes too - this calls for a trip to the $2 shop!

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment