Tuesday, February 7, 2012

5 ways to feel better quickly

Here are my top 5 ways of feeling better quickly:

  1. accept my emotions and just feel them - they tend to fade away
  2. focus on what's happening around me - noises, smells, the temperature of the air on my skin
  3. do something - it doesn't have to be grand, it can be doing the dishes, but taking action almost always makes me feel better. Going for a walk is a good one because it's a triple whammy - you get action, exercise and bright light all in one hit!
  4. do something pleasurable - whether it's watching a favorite TV program or a funny movie, going for a walk, meeting a friend for a coffee or taking the dogs for walk in a beautiful park, this will almost always life my spirits
  5. notice the good things in my life - whether it's once a day or less often it doesn't really matter, it can be written down or just in my head. The key thing is to focus on them.

Extra tip: reflecting on the good things in my day when I go to bed helps me get a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment